Before we get to know about the pros and cons of this technology, at first the person should know what the technology is. The infrared thermography technology helps known as the thermal imaging, which helps the person to identify the smallest problem in the machines. The process shows the image of the problem by converting from the information of the defaults. As everything has pros and cons, the same goes with the thermal imaging also. In the details declared below, we will talk about the pros and cons of the thermal imaging, which makes it easier for the person to decide that either they should use the technology or not.
There are many pros of using the thermal imaging, and few of those pros are:-
- It is a safer method as compared to the other ones.
- It is very much efficient in its working and is good and reliable in its working as well.
- The tool allows the machine owner to maintain the equipment properly without getting any damage or issue.
- The thermal imaging will help in providing the exact, fast measurements of the machine.
- Even, the tool is good at identifying the smaller to smaller issues also. It can identify the air leakage and can check out the smaller wiring issues also.
Along with the pros, there are some cons also of the tool. Those cons are:-
- For using thermal imaging technology, it requires high initial costs.
- In some of the objects, it is harder to get the images.
- The cameras use in this technology cannot show the image through the glasses.
- In some of the cameras, the accuracy is of +/-2%, which is not so accurate for the contact methods.
Now take help from http://infrared-energy.com/and decide one thing either to use the technology or not.